In this episode of Build Our Future Podcast, Rahul is joined by Nour Hachem-Fawaz, to discuss why it is important to educate and inspire young people to pursue careers that society has discouraged them from, and the significance of diversity in the workforce.
Nour Hachem-Fawaz is a workforce advisor, mentor and influencer, who in 2014 set out on a mission – to inspire the youth to make informed career choices that challenge the status quo. She founded the non-profit, Build A Dream, who’s focus is to create specialized programs to encourage and empower female students to explore careers where women are under- represented, while also working to create a gender-balanced workforce, and change global perspectives on women’s contribution to society.
In this episode, you will hear Rahul and Nour discuss topics such as:
• Nour’s upbringing, and how her mother’s ambition and determination inspired her to be who she is today.
• Why shifting the common mindset of young people and their families will launch them into the right career.
• The events that Build A Dream host, and the impact they have had.
• The misconceptions about the professional abilities of women.
• The importance of diversity in the workforce.